Karnataka Bhagyalaxmi scheme
Karnataka Bhagyalaxmi scheme From 2006 to 2007, the Karnataka government launched the Bhagya Lakshmi Yojana scheme, with the goal of encouraging the birth of girl children in low-income families. This raises the status of the girl child in the family and in society as a whole.To meet certain conditions, the Karnataka government provides financial assistance to the girl child through her mother/father or guardian.
A girl child born in a low-income family after March 31, 2006, is eligible to participate in this program. They are permitted to enrol until the girl is one year old.
The Maharashtra government implemented the Bhagyashree Scheme to help female children from low-income families. The Bhagyashree Scheme will provide female children with Rs 1 lakh in insurance coverage by the time they reach the age of 18. It works like this: when a girl child is born, the government opens a Bhagyashree account in her name and deposits Rs 21,200, which becomes Rs 1 Lakh when the girl reaches the age of 18.
the goal of planning
The Government of Karnataka launched the Bhagyashree Yojana to encourage the birth of girls in BPL or below poverty line families. This focuses on improving the status of the girl child in the family and society. Along with this, financial assistance is provided to the parents of the girl child.
Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme Objectives
As previously stated, the Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme is a welfare scheme run by the Karnataka State Government. It was started with the intention of improving the status of women in the state.
The scheme’s objectives are listed below.
- Encourage the birth of girl children in the state by removing the stigma associated with female
- births and reducing female infanticide.
- Raise women’s status in their families and in society.
- Providing financial assistance to females in the society who fall below the poverty line.
- Educating females in the state up to the tenth grade.
The scheme provides the following services:
The Karnataka government provides the following benefits to eligible applicants under this scheme:
- The girl child receives a health insurance policy worth up to Rs. 25,000 per month.
- The child receives an annual scholarship ranging from Rs. 300 to Rs. 1,000, depending on her age up to the tenth standard.
- The parents receive Rs. 1 lakh in the event of an accident and Rs. 42,500 in the event of the girl child’s natural death.
- The parents of the girl child would be paid Rs. 34,751 when she reached the age of 18.
The annual scholarship amounts are as follows:
|Class/Standard||Amount of Annual Scholarship|
|1st–3rd||Rs.300 per annum for each class|
Along with this, the beneficiary can receive interim payments such as annual scholarships and insurance benefits if they continue to meet the eligibility criteria. The provision of such facilities encourages the birth of girl children in economically disadvantaged families and elevates their social standing.
Bhagyalakshmi Scheme Advantages
- The main advantage of this scheme is that it restricts two girls from low-income families. The total number of children should not be more than three.
- After enrollment and verification, the Karnataka government will deposit Rs 19300 in the elite financial institution under the first girl’s name and Rs 18300 under the second girl’s name.
- After the girl child reaches the age of 18, the financial institutions will increase the deposit amount to Rs 100097 for the first child and Rs 100052 for the second child in the same family.
- If the girl child meets the eligibility requirements, the government will make interim payments such as scholarships and insurance benefits under the scheme.
- If the girl becomes ill, the government will cover medical insurance claims up to Rs 25000.
- If the insured person dies naturally, Rs 42500 is provided to the family, and if the insured person dies in an accident, Rs 1 lakh is provided to the family.
Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme Documents Required
The scheme requires applicants to provide a specific set of documents in order to prove their eligibility. These documents must be submitted along with the scheme’s application form. If such documents are not submitted with the application form, the application will be deemed incomplete and will not be approved for the scheme’s benefits.
The following is a list of documents that applicants must submit under the Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme.
- Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme application form, duly completed.
- Girl child’s birth certificate
- Identity proof for the girl child’s parents or legal guardians.
- Address proof for the girl child’s parents or legal guardians.
- The family’s Below Poverty Line Card demonstrates the girl child’s eligibility.
- Bank account information for the girl child in order to receive direct benefit transfer.
- To be eligible for the scheme’s benefits, these documents must be verified by a competent authority.
Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme Application Process
The Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme application process is kept as simple as possible to ensure that maximum eligible applicants can benefit from it. This scheme allows for the submission of applications in either online or offline mode. The specifics of these application modes are listed below.
Applicants must apply for the Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme online. This enables applicants to apply for the scheme from any location and at any time. Applicants can do so by visiting the Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme’s official website or the State Government of Karnataka’s website. Applicants can obtain the application form by clicking on the following link. blakshmi.kar.nic.in
When applying offline, applicants must obtain the application in person and submit it physically. Along with the application form and photograph, the documents must be physically submitted. Applicants can obtain the application form from any of the locations listed below.
Municipal Corporation ,Anganwadi ,Center Non-Governmental Organizations ,Grampanchayat Office ,Authorized Banks.
Applicants can also contact the respective district’s Deputy Director or Assistant Director of Women and Child Development, or the Child Development Project Officer (CDPO).The Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme application can be submitted by any of the following entities.
- Mother of a Female Child
- Legal Guardian of the Girl Child
- Father of the Girl Child
1)Who qualifies for the Bhagyalakshmi Yojana?
All girl children born into low-income families after March 31, 2006, are eligible for benefits under this scheme. On the submission of the birth certificate, the birth enrolment should be completed within one year of the child’s birth. This scheme is only for two girl children from low-income families.
2)What exactly is the Karnataka bhagyashree scheme?
The Karnataka Bhagyashree Scheme provides accident coverage of Rs. 1,000,000 to the parents or legal guardians of an eligible girl child. The scheme provides Rs. 42,500 to the parents or legal guardians of an eligible girl child in the event of her death.
3)What are the Karnataka child schemes?
The primary goal of this scheme is to encourage the birth of girl children in low-income families and to elevate the status of the girl child in the family and society in general.