Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme The West Bengal government established the Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM) to help deserving students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. The goal of the SVMCM scholarship 2023 is to provide scholarships to students at various levels of higher education. This article will inform students about Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme application form 2023, SVMCM registration 2023, SVMCM form 2023 last date, and so on.
Vivekananda scholarship 2023 is available to students in regular mode of class 11 and 12, UG students, and PG students who can produce the required documents and have a family income of $250,000 or less per year. Read the entire article to learn how to apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023, SVMCM registration 2023, SVMCM application form 2023 deadline, SVMCM eligibility criteria, required documents, and more.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Details :
|Name of Scholarship||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship|
|Launched by||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Trust, West Bengal|
|Conduction Body||West Bengal Higher Education Department|
|Eligible Courses||HS, UG Honors, PG, Medical, Engineering, Nursing, Paramedical, Diploma, PG.|
|Major Benefit||The scholarship amounts range from INR 12,000 to INR 60,000 per year.|
|Scholarship Objective||To Provide scholarship to help poor students|
|Type||Fresh & Renewal|
|Scholarship under||State Government|
|Name of State||West Bengal|
Eligibility Criteria for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Scholarships are available from the state government to students who meet all of the requirements. Read on to learn about the Swami Vivekananda scholarship eligibility criteria for 2023:
- Candidates from grade Xi to postgraduate level can apply for the Swami Vivekananda merit scholarship.
- The applicants will be shortlisted by the committee based on their financial means and academic merit.
- The Swami Vivekananda scholarship will also be available to those pursuing doctoral and MPhil degrees at specific state-aided institutes.
- Kanyashree scheme recipients who are currently pursuing a degree in science, commerce, or arts at West Bengal universities are also eligible.
- Kanyashree applicants, on the other hand, must have at least a 45% aggregate in their qualifying exam.
- Applicants for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship should not apply for any other scholarships during the period.
- The annual family income should not associated With a significantly increased 2,50,000.
This scholarship programme advantages:
- Class XI and XII Students
- Under Graduate Students (Science /Arts / Commerce /Medical / Engineering / Technical / Professional courses)
- M.Phil and Doctoral courses (NON-NET Junior Research Fellow)
- Post Graduate Students (Science / Arts / Commerce / Technical / Management)
- Kanyashree recipients (K-2) pursuing PG (Post Graduate) degrees in Science, Arts, and Commerce from this state’s universities after earning a UG degree with 45% overall.
Important documents for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM).
When candidates apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship or the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship, they must submit certain documents, without which their application may be rejected. The following are the important documents that they must upload with their online application:
- The front and back sides of their last examination mark sheet
- Madhyamik or equivalent examination admit card
- Income verification (in the format specified)
- Affidavit of Income (in the specified format)
- The first page of their bank passbook clearly displays their account number and IFSC information.
- Aadhaar card, ration card, or voter identification card
- Recent photograph (size 10-50 KB) Institute verification form (in prescribed format) duly authenticated by the HOI (Head of Institution) (Note: After submitting the online application, students can obtain the institute verification form online from the portal. Get it authenticated by the HOI before uploading it to the portal).
How to Apply for the SVMCM Scholarship for 2022-23 Online?
- Please ensure that the required attachments/annexures are ready for submission before beginning to fill out the online application form.
- To successfully submit the online application form, all mandatory information must be entered correctly.
- The online application form filling process is interactive, and online guidance will be available while filling out the form.
- The online application can be submitted in one of three ways:
- After registering, log in to the portal at vmcm.wbhed.gov.in. Upload the necessary documents.
- Please refer to the notifications published by the higher education department in various newspapers.
Online Application Dates :
|Application Type||Opening Date||Closing Date / Last Date|
|Renewal Application||Updated Soon||Updated Soon|
For scholarship renewal, an application must be submitted online to the relevant scholarship sanctioning authority within one month of his/her admission in the next higher class due to promotion by passing in the first attempt. (In the case of semester mode, all semester examinations must be passed on the first try.) Renewal cases (concentrated only at a specific level of study) will be sanctioned subject to good academic performance (a minimum of 60% (combining both semesters) from Higher Secondary Level to Undergraduate Level at the promotional examination) and 50% (combining both semesters) at Post Graduate Level.
1)What is the deadline for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship in 2022?
Ans The deadline for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship renewal applications for 2020-21 and 2021-22 is July 7, 2022. The deadline for submitting renewal applications for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship for Minority Students is June 30th, 2022.
2)What is the value of the Vivekananda scholarship?
Ans The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship programme will be open to all students from low-income families in the state. Medical, Engineering, Nursing, Paramedical, Diploma, PG, HS, UG Honors The scholarship amounts range from INR 12,000 to INR 60,000 per year.
3)Who can apply for the Vivekananda scholarship?
Ans For the HS level:
The minimum qualifying marks for being considered for scholarship awards in Madhyamik Pariksha will be 60% in aggregate, and the total marks obtained in Madhyamik Parkisha excluding pass marks in the additional subject, if any, will be the sole criterion for consideration.
4)Is it too late to apply for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship?
Ans Previously, the Swami Vivekananda scholarship scheme had a 75% eligibility requirement. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has now revised these eligibility criteria. Students with a minimum of 60% are now eligible to apply for this scheme.
5)Is the scholarship 2022 deadline extended?
Ans The UP Scholarship 2022 is now available for post-secondary students.
The deadline for institutions to submit applications has been extended to January 24th, 2022, and the deadline for institutions to lock the master data has been extended to January 10th, 2022.
6)Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
Ans 2.Students should only submit “One Application Form.” If a student submits more than one application form, all of the applications submitted by the student will be considered “Duplicate” and “Rejected.”