Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme :
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme : On January 22, 2015, the government of Haryana launched the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao (BBBP) initiative. The goal is to eliminate gender discrimination and provide equal opportunities for girls. The reason for the launch is that the Census (2011) revealed a declining trend in the Child Sex Ratio (CSR) in the age group 0-6 years, indicating a low sex ratio at birth and post-birth discrimination.
People’s attitudes toward discriminating against girls and preferring boys, on the one hand, and the availability and misuse of diagnostic tools, on the other, have been critical in the decline of CSR. Because coordinated and convergent efforts were required for the survival, protection, and empowerment of girls, the BBBP is a tri-ministerial effort of the Ministries of Women and Child Development, Human Resource Development, and Health and Family Welfare.
What exactly is the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme?
The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme aims to halt the decline in girl child sex ratios and promote women’s empowerment in order to improve the country’s women’s status.
It is a collaborative effort of the following ministries:
- Development of Women and Children
- Health and Family Well-Being
- Development of Human Resources
- According to the 2001 Indian census, the sex ratio of children aged 0-6 was 927 girls for every 1000 boys, but by 2011 it had dropped to 918 girls for every 1,000 boys. According to UNICEF data, India ranked 41st out of 195 countries in this category in 2012.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme OverView :
|Name of scheme||Beti Bachao Beti Padhao|
|Launched by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Date||January 22nd, 2015|
|Aim||To stop the discrimination of girl child|
|Who can apply||Only Indian Girlchild|
BBBP has implemented various strategies.
- Focusing primarily on Gender Critical Districts to ensure that intensive actions are taken as needed
- Prioritizing cities with low child-to-adult ratios for coordinated action
- Bringing up and discussing the issue of declining child sex ratios in public discourse, conferences, and debates in order to raise awareness and improve outcomes.
- Implementing novel and intriguing techniques for the growth of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao in accordance with local needs and sensibilities
- Motivating communities to participate in and contribute to their own development through the birth and development of a girl child
- launching communication campaigns to promote girl child development and education
Defying existing gender stereotypes and harmful social norms against girls
- Training local governing bodies and groups to act as change agents and catalysts for social change and improvement
Here are the major strategies that the BBBP programme objective took into account.
- Concentrate on gender discrimination in districts where critical actions have occurred.
- Prioritizing locations with a low child sex ratio
- The goal is to reveal the sex ratio and raise public awareness about girl children.
- Bring new BBBP techniques to each local sensibility.
- Requesting that a girl child be subjected to childbirth in order to develop the community
- Have started campaigns to develop and promote girls’ education.
- The project challenges harmful social and gender stereotypes.
- Training local governments to effect social change and improvement
The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana’s Key Features
Organizing debates and discussions about lowering the Child Sex Ratio (CSR) with the goal of raising awareness and ensuring improvement.
- Promoting community involvement and working toward better development in relation to the growth and birth of a girl child.
- Launching mass communication initiatives to disseminate information about the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- Local governing authorities are being trained, and employees from government organisations and schools are being included in the rally for societal change.
- The BBBP scheme aims to protect girl children while also putting a stop to inhuman acts such as foeticide and female infanticide.
- A key feature is the promotion of women’s participation in education, which ensures that every girl child has adequate access to education.
The scheme aims to improve the gender ratio of children in states such as Uttarakhand, Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh.
- Another goal of the scheme is to prevent child marriage and to protect girl children from related physical and mental harassment, as well as domestic violence.
- Another important aspect of the scheme’s implementation across the country is the promotion of gender equality.
- The BBBP scheme encourages financial security for girl children in order to secure their future education, growth, and development.
The Advantages of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
The following are the advantages of BBBP:
- SSY, or Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, is a Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme that provides financial security to girl children. Furthermore, parents can open an account in their daughter’s name and save money for her education or marriage.
- The government pays a 7.6% annual interest rate on such deposits.
- This account’s interest income is completely tax-free.
- When a girl child reaches the age of 18, she is the only one who can withdraw the entire corpus.
- This would allow her to become financially self-sufficient.
- It will aid in providing quality education to girls, thereby raising their standard of living.
BBBP will assist the government in addressing the critical issue of declining child sex ratios across the country.
Important Document Required Document for BBBP Online Application
The following documents are required to apply for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao:
- The hospital or a recognised government body issues a birth certificate.
- Proof of Parental Identity- Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, etc.
- Proof of Address- Passport, driver’s licence, utility bills such as water, phone, and electricity, etc.
- Photograph in passport size
The following are the steps to apply for the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme:
- Applicants must go to any bank branch or post office where this scheme is offered.
- Then, obtain the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme/Sukanya Samriddhi account application form.
- Fill out the form by hand and attach all required documents.
- Submit the form to the appropriate officer at the bank/post office.
- Accounts should be opened in the name of the girl child under this scheme.
- The BBBP account can be easily transferred from one bank to another, or from one bank to a post officer, or vice versa.
1)Who can participate in Beti Bachao Beti Padhao?
Eligibility for the programme:The family must have a girl child under the age of ten. In the name of the family’s girl child, a Sukanya Samriddhi Account, or SSA, should be opened in any Indian bank. The girl child should be an Indian resident.
2)When and why was the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme introduced?
In this context, the Hon’ble Prime Minister launched the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) Scheme on 22nd January, 2015 in Panipat, Haryana to address the issue of declining CSR and related issues of empowerment of girls and women across the life cycle.
3)What significance does Beti Bachao Beti Padhao have?
Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao (Save girl child, educate girl child) is a Government of India scheme aimed at raising awareness and improving the efficiency of women’s welfare services. The scheme was launched with a Rs100 crore initial corpus.
4)What are the drawbacks to Beti Bachao Beti Padhao?
This mindset is the foundation for thinking of women as inferior. Because marriage is a major social and economic responsibility for families, many of them resort to female foeticide. believing that a girl child will be a “burden” and will add no value to the household in which she is born