Change your language on the web
Change your web language settings
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Click Personal info on the left.
- Click Language Edit under “General web preferences.”
- Find and select your preferred language.
- Click Select.
- Click + Add another language if you understand Multiple languages.
After you change your language preferences, close and reopen your browser.
What Google does with your language preferences
Google uses your language preferences to Improve the Usability of Google Services. When you Specify your language, you enable us to Display your Content and Results in one or More of your preferred languages, as well as provide more relevant, tailored content, such as ads, to you.
How to Use Google Auto-Added Languages
- Google automatically adds languages that you frequently use in Google services.
- When Google adds a language, it says Added for you.
- Log in to your Google Account.
- On the left, click Personal information.
- Under “General web preferences,” select Language. Choose one of the following:
- To confirm that a language has been added for you, please do the following: Select Save.
- To uninstall a Google-added language Select Delete Delete.
- To prevent Google from automatically adding languages: Disable the Automatically Add Languages option.
Change your Android device language @ Google Chrome.
- Tap Settings > Settings on your Android device.
- Tap System, then Languages & input, and finally Languages.
- If you can find “System,” go to “Personal,” then Languages & input, and finally Languages.
- Select Add a language. Add a user and select the language you want to use.
- Move your language to the top of the list by dragging it there.
Google language change Trouble shooting Problems
There are bound to be Issues with so many ways to change your Google language across devices, services, and products. Here are a few Examples of common ones and how to fix them.
If your language update failed: It may Appear that a language update has not occurred at times. To see if the changes are updated, restart your Chrome browser, Google app, or log back into your account. If not, clear your browser’s cache and cookies before resetting the language.
If your language is not listed, please contact us: While Google offers a variety of languages to its users, it does not cover all of them. If your preferred primary language is not available, Google will prompt you to select an alternate language. You can add a secondary language to almost any language update method, and it will appear beneath your primary language.